Frances in Germany

I studied for a little over one year in Paderborn Germany, from July 2005 to August 2006. These are my accounts of life in Germany. Enjoy the mishaps, spaniards, and super bees, I sure did!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The Comforts of Home

The Comforts of Home
Yesterday I was a little homesick, so I cooked.  Mom sent me a package with some food things in it a few weeks ago, so I can make American food.  So yesterday I cooked for my neighbor in the dorms, and he was really impressed with my American food.  I made Mesquite Chicken, corn, and brownies.  Mmmm…brownies.  One thing I’m really missing now is Gumbo.  I love Gumbo.  Apparently, Germans have no idea what Cajun food is like.  They don’t have it here.  I think Gumbo is an essential part of my diet.  I guess I need to learn to make it from scratch if I’m to survive here.  

A billion posts in one day…can you tell I’m bored today?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm awe struck by what you've seen and I am so glad you've had these experiences.

11:54 PM  
Blogger Arik The Human Temple said...

Foodtv.com Emril makes all his gumbo from scratch. which by the way is what i am having for dinner. I can send you a picture of it if you wish.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home